Lovers necklace (Choose)
The Lovers’ necklace is made of a gold-dipped brass chain and a charm. Most of the charms are gold or silver-dipped brass stampings from the archives of a French engraver but the pearl is a real baroque pearl and the brilliant is a Bohemian crystal strass.
Pick the charm you want to create your own narrative. Each charm is meant to evoke one aspect of a romance:
- The red flag: a warning
- The bell: if you felt like a "cloche" (bell in French means naive)
- The frame: if he/she was an artist
- The mussel: our symbol for a girls’ only love story
- The pearl: the one to choose if your lover is…a gem!
- The duck: In French, to be "canard" (duck) means to be besotted and devoted to all your lovers' whims (this charm works both ways: you can be the besotted one)
- The sword: must be chosen if you are fighting a lot
- The diamond: refers to someone brilliant, smart
- The chess piece: evokes a failed relationship (in French, chess is « échec » which literally means failure)
- The cross with the rainbow strass: either a LGBTQIA+ charm or a religious one (and by extension a reference to a lover who was rather...conservative)
- The lifeline: if this person saved you (either metaphorically or literally)
- The frog: if your lover is French! Or if he turns out to be some kind of prince charming, going from ugly to handsome under your spell
- The hunting horn : if he/she is built like a god(dess). Definitely a body you can’t forget Or if he/she is a musician
- The rabbit : if you...f*** like rabbits
- The heart: well, for love
These meanings are subjective and we are open to all interpretations. Feel free to put your own mind (and heart) to our charms. And let us know your stories (if you feel like it, of course!).
The Lovers necklace currently ships in 2 business days. We ship it worldwide. Shipping is free within the EU. Our shipping fee for outside the EU includes duties and taxes.
The stunning double chain comes from Germany and the charms are made in a historic French workshop. They are are gold or silver-dipped outside Paris, and in some cases, painted in a workshop just outside Paris, or enamelled by hand in the Vendée region of France.
The Lovers necklace is delivered in our own packaging, made in Spain with FSC certified paper.
"It all started with a pearl! I wanted to make a necklace out of it, the portrait of a lover whose country of origin is associated with pearls. Then I thought, why not let *everyone* make their own lovers' portraits? That's how the Lovers necklace was born!"
We've been blessed with great and kind press coverage. French Vogue was our first press feature (for of course), so heart out to them. We've also had a full page in M (Le Monde's style supplément), an amazing in-depth article in , a feature in and many many fabulous mentions in , , and even .
In real life (wait, Insta isn't real life? I'm up for a debate), our ambassadors are just the best. The queen of them all being writer Deborah Levy, who wears her Bangla Begum jewelry everywhere (even in ). Princes and princesses of the realm include film director and actress Monia Chokri (), curator Diana Campbell (), artist Miet Warlop (), and Lebanese poet Hussein Nasereddine (), all of them carrying Bangla Begum into their own wide and wild worlds.