The Lovers necklace
- The Lovers necklace is a customizable necklace
- It is Bangla Begum's variation on the theme of charms jewelry
- Pickup and essayage available at the Bangla Begum atelier (Paris 10th)
The Lovers’ necklace is a fully customizable jewel made of a brass chain and elements. Some elements are silver-dipped, then enamelled or painted. Some are just gold-dipped. The pearl is a real baroque pearl and the brilliant is a Bohemian crystal strass. Pick as many charms as you wish to create your own narrative. Each piece is meant to evoke one aspect of a romance:
- The mussel: our symbol for a girls’ only love story
- The pearl: the one to choose if your lover is…a gem!
- The duck: In French, to be "canard" (duck) means to be besotted and devoted to all your lovers' whims (this charm works both ways: you can be the besotted one)
- The sword: must be chosen if you are fighting a lot
- The diamond: refers to someone brilliant, smart
- The chess piece: evokes a failed relationship (in French, chess is « échec » which literally means failure)
- The cross with the rainbow strass: either a LGBTQIA+ charm or a religious one (and by extension a reference to a lover who was rather...conservative)
- The lifeline: if this person saved you (either metaphorically or literally)
- The frog: if your lover is French! Or if he turns out to be some kind of prince charming, going from ugly to handsome under your spell
- The hunting horn : if he/she is built like a god(dess). Definitely a body you can’t forget Or if he/she is a musician
- The rabbit : if you...f*** like rabbits
- The heart: well, for love
These meanings are subjective and we are open to all interpretations. Feel free to put your own mind (and heart) to our charms. And let us know your stories (if you feel like it, of course!).
To help you choose your combination, here are some of our favorite ones:
- The chess + the diamond = a brilliant failure (we've all been there)
- The heart + the pearl = I found a gem
- The mussel + the lifeline + the rabbit = sleeping with girls saved my sex life
- The hunting horn + the cross = I used to date a right-wing musician (lol)
- The frog + the diamond = I'm in love with a very smart French person
The Lovers necklace took a year and many craftsmen to develop. The chain comes from Germany. The charms are made in a historic French workshop, then are gold or silver-dipped outside Paris. Some are painted in a workshop just outside Paris, others enamelled by hand in the Vendée region of France. Only the clasps are sourced in China.
We ship worldwide. Shipping is free within the EU. Our shipping fee for outside the EU includes duties and taxes.